How To Get Rid Of Termites And Get Rid Of Termites In Your Home
Do you know? That strong and sharp jaw is the main weapon for a termite colony in chewing and biting various parts of your house that are wood-based. In a short time, termites can pose dangerous risks to your home, such as structural damage to collapsing parts of your house, such as on the roof or ceiling of the house. For prevention, visit https://caycebugs.com/which-pest-control-company-is-the-best-in-columbia-sc/.
Homeowners can take some precautions to prevent termites from damaging the structure of the home and endangering the safety of your family. Important facts about termites that every homeowner should know:
• Termites never stop eating wood for 24 hours/day
• One type of termite – Subterranean termites live underground
• Termite queens can live 5 to 10 years, and produce 160,000 eggs in 1 year
• Rituals a termite queen for 5 to 10 years and lays up to 160,000 eggs a year!
• A termite colony consists of 95% worker termites, and 5% soldier termites
• Termites build tunnels or better known as mud tubes made of mud, dirt, and saliva to make it easier for them to move underground to land
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to prevent termites from invading your home! Here are 5 ways to prevent termites from Rentokil to help you protect your greatest asset:
• Repair all damaged tiles, to prevent moisture from entering the house and attracting termites.
• Repair and fix leaks in pipes to eliminate humid conditions favored by termites.
• Remove wood debris that is near the walls of the house because it can encourage termites to hide and stay in it.
• Cover any cracks and crevices around the walls of the house, to cover the possibility of termites sneaking into your home
• Having a garden that is far from your house to prevent termites from entering your house.
• Take proactive steps now to expel and eradicate termites, so that the existence of a termite colony does not hurt your home building.